To volunteer for Fly Fishing Fair programs or activities, please contact:
2014 Fly Fishing Fair Chair
(Term Expires 10/2014)
3278 South Palisades Dr
Springfield MO 65807
The Fly Fishing Fair is the premier event of the the Southern Council Federation of Fly Fishers, held each year in Mountain Home, Arkansas. It will be held Friday, October 3 thru Sunday, October 5, 2014. The business meeting will be held Sunday, October 5, 2014 (Time to be determined.)
Friday, October 3, 2014
- 9am – 5pm Special hands on tying clinics, on-the-water fly fishing casting or technique classes
- Vendor set-up - Beginning at 3:30pm until as late as you want – Security provided at 5pm
- Live music at the Fairgrounds in Building C3
Saturday, October 4, 2014
- 9am - 5pm Vendor Exhibits in Main Hall
- 9am - 5pm Programs covering casting, fishing techniques, and destinations
- Live Music
- Live Auction
Sunday, October 5, 2014
- 9am - 2pm Vendor Exhibits in Main Hall
- 9am - 2pm Programs covering casting, fishing techniques and destinations
- Free admission
2014 Fly Fishing Fair Items
Oasis Tying Bench
Top of the line professional tying bench ($315 retail value)
- Maple wood construction. Bench measurements 23.25" (at rear) across, 21.25" deep (pedestal) and 7" tall (top of rear brass rods).
- Laser art work of the life cycle of the Mayfly.
- A hair staker arm with 4 various sized holes, designed for the complete set of Wasatch hair stackers but will also work for additional bottle storage.
- A background card placed strategically behind your fly blocks out background clutter.
- Dual purpose bottle holes (an Oasis exclusive) keep bottles securely in place.
- 9 clear plastic storage jars for commonly used hooks, beads or eyes storage right on your bench.
- A mega storage tool arm with 52 tool holes of various depths, designed specifically for a complete set of Wasatch tools but will, of course, store any brand of tools.
- Raised clamp arm places vice in the middle of the bench.
- 20 brass rods store up to 60 spools.
- 3 rear 1/2" holds for accessories such as a Book Holder, Fly Dock and a Sparkle Spinner 16 or 32.
Simms Hip Pack
Here is the first item of many to be available at the 2014 Southern Council Fly Fishing Fair. This Simms Hip Pack is first of many items to be featured before our upcoming fly fishing fair.
This product's features include:
- Highly durable and fully waterproof TPU coated fabric with a submersible roll-top closure.
- High loft, closed-cell foam back panel and waistband are non-water absorbent and fully cushioned.
- Front wet storage compartment includes laser-cut holes for quick drainage.
- Retractor docking stations and loop Velcro patch for flies and Simms accessories.
- Fabric Tech: Waterproof TPU coated fabric.
- Capacity: 10 liters, 610.23 cubic inches.
- Dimensions: 12" x 5.5" x 15".
- Approximate weight: 21 oz.
2014 Fly Fishing Fair Items
Engraved Abel 3N Fly Reel
This elite auction item offered at the 2014 Fly Fishing Fair will be a Sage 376-4 ONE Konnetic Technology fly rod paired with an Abel 3N fly reel engraved by Ray Cover Jr. The value of the combination is $1800. Your bids on these and all other items in the live auctions are donations to the SOC, which is a non-profit organization.
Hardy & Greys Zenith fly rod with Casting for Recovery Abel reel
Donated by Two Rivers Fly Shop, a Hardy & Greys top-of-the-line Zenith 10 foot 4 weight, 4 piece rod.
Combined with a Casting for Recovery Abel 5N reel. This rig will have you in the stratosphere of fly fishing gear!
Hardy & Greys top-of-the-line Zenith now with an pdated reel seat design, the award-winning Zenith continues to be one of the most talked about rods in the world. Of course you don't need another fly rod, but this is not another fly rod.
The Zenith series of rods uses the amazing properties of Hardy & Greys SINTRIX® 440 material in an ultra-advanced, four-section design to produce a range of rods that are user-friendly yet high performance.
SINTRIX rods have an incredible strength to weight ratio and come fitted with titanium line guide and deep anodized reel fittings.
- SINTRIX ® 440
- Incredible strength to weight ratio
- High performance, fast action design
- Top of the line Titanium guides from REC and Fuji.
- Deep anodized reel fitting
- Maple burl wood spacer on RHW models; carbon spacer on FW + EH models.
POWER, PERFORMANCE, REFINEMENT
Hardy SINTRIX ® is a carbon fiber nano technology material, used in some Hardy fly rods.
SINTRIX ® is unique to Hardy. No other rod manufacturer is using the same mixture of fibers, 3M resin and specialized manufacturing processes, or achieving the same results.
SINTRIX ® offers significant benefits in strength and lightness over traditional carbon fiber; and is available in ascending levels of power, performance and refinement.
Kayak - Preception Sports - Swifty 9.5
Ozark Mtn Trading Company has donated a Preception Sports kayak we are offering through $10 raffle tickets.
- Perfect for kids and the young at heart, the short length is stable, and the open cockpit is user-friendly, even for beginners
- Versatile design performs well on flat water and slow-moving rivers, but don't hesitate to take the Tribe 9.5 into rough water and surf
- Skid plate on the bottom of the hull increases durability and prolongs life of kayak
- Adjustable padded seat offers ventilation and drainage, and ergonomic footbraces make for easy riding
- Durable and lightweight linear polyethylene offers long-lasting use and easy care
- Molded-in cup holder keeps a refreshing beverage within easy reach
- Storage tankwells with bungees secure your gear fore and aft
- Scupper tubes located in the seat, rear tankwell and foot area quickly drain any water that may enter the boat
- Molded side handles and bow and stern carry handles ease transport to and from the water
- Plenty of eyelets attach accessories to the Perception Tribe 9.5 sit-on-top kayak
- Made in the U.S.A.
URL: www.ozarkmtc.com, Stores located at:
- Northwest Arkansas, 14644 E Hwy 62, Garfield AR 72732, (479) 451-1837, just east of Bentonville and Rogers, Arkansas; and north of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Cotter, Arkansas, 124 McLean Avenue, Cotter AR 72626, (870) 778-0070, just 12 miles southwest of Mountain Home, Arkansas just off of the White River.
- Southwest Missouri, 4381 Seimore Rd, Ozark MO 65271, (417) 485-3219, Just 9 miles south of Springfield, Missouri in Ozark, Missouri.